Category:Page Protection Request
From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
This category includes pages that the owner would like to be protected. Please note that only the owner of a page can request a page to be protected or locked.
Protection can be used on pages that see a high amount of malicious edits including those by spammers.
Pages added here will receive semi-protection to restrict editing. Semi-protection disables editing from anonymous users and registered accounts fewer than five days old.
- Preventing vandalism when blocking users individually is not a feasible option, such as a high rate of vandalism from a wide range of anonymous IP addresses.
- Article talk pages that are being disrupted; this should be used sparingly because it prevents new users and anons from being part of discussions.
- Articles or Categories subject to heavy and continued vandalism. Wikipedia has a [good rough guide to semi-protection] and determining if the level of vandalism merits semi-protection.
Semi-protection should not be used:
- As a preemptive measure against vandalism before any vandalism has occurred.
- In a content dispute between registered users and anonymous users, with the intention to lock out the anonymous users.
- With the sole purpose of prohibiting editing by anonymous users. Protection should be used only to prevent continuing disruption.
This category currently contains no pages or media.