From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
- Supergroup: Liberty League
- Competitive: IFLA (International Fencing Loyalist Association)
- Professional: WHRO-10, Producer: Channel 10 Morning Rush News Show
The Gilded Blade aspires to the highest standards of skill, integrity and personal responsibility. He believes in universal equality, but believes it is every individual's responsibility to strive for it. While he abhors the 'victim' mentality, he will go out of his way to help those who are truly victimized.
Having spent his life 'living a lie,' The Gilded Blade has never been shy about admitting that he is, in fact, outed fencing champion and local news producer Alexander Sharp. The Gilded Blades wants to set an example of an 'oppressed minority' willing to show the courage needed to be himself publicly.
The Gilded Blade has no 'powers' in the traditional sense. He relies solely on his martial arts training to keep him alive and his skill dual weilding his blades to make his 'point.' An inventor, inspired by Alexander's courage, created a set of Piston Boots that gives Alex the ability to keep up with his superpowered allies and hunt down some of the more mobile villains.
A Brief Chronology
- 02/19/80 = Born in Kansas City, KS.
- 10/08/87 = Began taking Karate lessons
- 06/28/92 = Began taking Aikido lessons
- 05/20/94 = Began training in sabre fencing.
- 08/15/96 = Wins his first gold in a regional fencing competition.
- 02/19/97 = Wins his first of 15 gold at national fencing competitions.
- 11/15/98 = Accepts full scholarship to Yale, begins Olympic try-outs for Sydney.
- 09/12/99 = Admits his homosexuality during his Freshman year of college.
- 12/10/99 = Is cut from the Olympic team due to 'internal politics.'
- 05/10/03 = Graduates summa cum laude from Yale with a Bachelor's in communication.
- 07/04/03 = Moves to Paragon City to pursue his professional goals in the 'big city.'
- 04/01/07 = Decides to use his martial skills to assist in Paragon City's defense.
- 04/03/07 = Meets Scion of Justice and quickly builds a relationship which leads to Gilded becoming his protector.
- Alexander has been intentionally coy when it comes to his love life. He refuses to confirm rumors that he is romantically involved with Scion of Justice. Speculation, knowing Alex's personality, is that he refuses to confirm such rumors because he doesn't want Scion of Justice to feel pressured into revealing secrets of his own.