From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Known Aliases:||Glimmer, Glim|
|Age:||unknown, appears around 20|
|Place of Birth:||Paragon City|
|Base of Operations:||Rogue Isles|
|Known Relatives:||None known|
|Glimmers (Energy control and manipulation (self))|
|Skilled at hand to hand combat|
Well, that's it. Glimmer is done. It had been a fun year or so, but I've done with Glimmer what I wanted to do and it's time for her to go away. I should update this page to reflect how she was at the end, but I think it's better if people who stop by see how she was in her prime. I can't thank everyone enough who played with me and helped develop the character. You all know who you are. A special thanks to @Perfidus, Raine Heartfall's player. A better friend in this game I could never have found.
I wont say I'll never play Glimmershade again, but she wont be around for awhile at least, and even then wont be part of my regular cast of characters. At least... I don't think she will. Glimmer has proved me wrong before. She really almost did take on a life of her own and maybe someday she'll once again play herself, like she has sometimes in the past.
Glimmer was a young girl taken from the streets of Paragon by a secret Crey Industries team experimenting with a chemical process to see just how much power they could pack into human beings. The process consisted of a lot of chemical injections and involved a lot of physical and mental torture at the hands of some of the experimental team who had some sadistic bents.
The process gave her powers, which she used to escape, but not before her psyche had been horribly twisted, her sanity shattered. As a result, she has no memory of who she was before the Crey captured her. Glimmer believes she is a Frankenstein-like monster, created in a lab, having no idea about her life prior to that.
Once escaped, she looked at herself, her pink skin and her ability to light up like a glowing beacon and at the same time hide herself from view and Gave herself the name 'Glimmershade' That or some variation (Glimmer, Glim, Glim-Glim) is the only name she knows or uses.
Some things to expect if you encounter Glimmer:
- Because of her torture at the hands of male member of the Crey team, Glimmer used to be wary of contact with men. She generally hates them, but despite this fact she has actually made a few male acquaintances here and there. This state has gradually lessened over time.
- Frequents Pocket D a lot. I mean A LOT. This is because she longs for companionship at the same time as she wants to maim a lot of the people she sees there. The reaction you might get upon meeting her is rather unpredictable.
- Glimmer can be flirty and downright blatant about her sexual desires, especially with women she meets. This happens alot in Pocket D. She can be very outspoken and loud. Seems very self assured and rather egotistical, often referring to herself in the third person when boasting as "The Glimmer."
- Has an obsession with the truck on the red side floor of Pocket D. She has claimed it as hers and claims DJ Zero lets her keep it safe by parking it in the nightclub. She rigorously defends it from strangers sitting or standing on it, yelling and insulting people who are so brazen as to do so. She also reacts strongly against people who challenge the delusion and suggest that the truck isn't hers. She has resorted to violence in the past to defends this belief. Glimmer stores alot of her belongings in the truck, it and Pocket D are Glimmer's de facto home.
- Has had her hair referred to as 'toothpaste' colored on several occasions. Glimmer is amused by this and agrees with the opinion.
- Glimmer's condition has rendered her ageless and perhaps immortal. She doesn't age. She requires neither sleep nor food nor drink. Although she partakes in all of these activities from time to time.
- With being awake all the time, Glim generally fills the lonely hours when no one else is awake with physical activity. She believes in keeping herself in tip physical condition, exercising for hours a night. With her unbounded sources of energy, she is rather fond of leaping and jumping about, whether this be in Pocket D or across the Rogue Isles. If she knew what the term meant, she could be described as a parkour enthusiast, but if you told Glim that, she'd merely respond with a shrug. "Um...okay?"
- Glimmer is a teetotaler. She does not drink alcohol or do drugs, and doesn't think you should either.
- Raine Heartfall - Glimmer met Raine in Pocket D one day and after hitting on her and being repulsed by Raine's caustic manner, decided that she was going to be Glimmer's B F F. Whether or not Raine liked it. At first Raine did not in fact like it, or Glimmer's boastful upbeat enthusiasm, or her constant playful sexual advances, but eventually grew to like the pink girl back, in her way. Or at least tolerate her presence. Glim for her part finds all of Raine's caustic and antisocial behavior, which generally drive the average person away, to be her most endearing qualities, and loves the girl for them. The two have traded closed fists punches in the past, as well as a knock down hair-pulling catfight, but now can often be seen in each others company, comfortable with their current relationship. A relationship of bickering and insult and the occasional inappropriate touch on Glimmer's part. To anyone else it might look like the two can't stand each other, but to them, it's just the status quo of their friendship.
- Luna Firespeaker - Luna met Glimmer in Pocket D one day, and perhaps seeing something of herself in the pink girl, offered her her a place to stay in the branded safehouse. Though she's never said so, Glim is very grateful to Luna for this as it has opened up whole new possibilities for companionship beyond just roaming aimlessly around Pocket D all the time. Glimmer loves Luna, probably more than the other realizes, practically worshiping the ground she walks on. She says nothing about this to Luna however and actually seems uncharacteristically unable to be forthright with her, seemingly wishing to admire Luna from afar. That Luna and her BFF Raine seem to be unable to get along with each other has caused Glimmer alot of anxiety and consternation in the past, but she finally decided to let the two of them worry about each other and just shrug her shoulders about it now.
- Staci Coldwell - A former romantic fling, Glimmer thought highly of the ditzy, yet strangely brilliant Staci. When it became clear that Staci felt much more deeply for Glimmer than Glimmer would ever feel for her, she broke off with the girl. Staci fled the scene, and the branded safehouse. Glimmer hasn't seen her since, and feels a lot of guilt about that.
- Screamadelica - Helen Horowitz was probably the one person Glimmer truly loved, not just in lust with. The pair were a couple for awhile, even lived together briefly. When Helen left the Isles to care for a sick parent, it left a empty place inside of Glimmer that she has not yet been able to fill
- Eshet Lillah - Esh and Glim were into each other briefly, but both decided they liked each other as friends better than anything else, and are currently happy with the the state of their relationship. Glimmer kind of rolls her eyes at all of Eshie's 'adopted' family members, but doesn't say anything. Whatever keeps the girl happy...
- Redwing Eagle - Glimmer's current de facto girlfriend. Dee and Glim have something resembling a semi-steady relationship. Recently, Glimmer told Dee her intentions to see no one else -but- Dee, and asked her to do the same. When Dee came back a few days later and agreed, immediately the capricious Glimmer started wondering if she had made the right choice.
- Sky-Scar - Glimmer is alternately amused and annoyed by Robin. When Robin started trying to protect Raine from dangerous situations, Glimmer was offended by this at first, thinking Robin was trying to usurp Glimmer's rightful job as Raine's protector. Later, she became amused by his general ridiculousness and stopped considering him a threat. Noting how Robin liked to seem to altruistically jump in front of bullets and energy beams and such, to protect people, Glimmer decided that Robin must enjoy this kind of thing, and acquired a gun with which to occasionally shoot Robin, for fun. She's shot him on three occasions now, considering it great fun. Robin seems to consider it less fun than Glimmer...
- Woefull -
- Run Riot -
- Okori - Some kind of demon pirate bitch that tried to rape Raine. Glimmer, along with a few other people, have sworn to take Okori's life. Perhaps not so ironically, the demon has made herself scare around Pocket D since then.
- Enerix - Glimmer finds Scarlet extremely attractive, and under other circumstance would be trying to get in her pants. However, Scarlet has made the cardinal sin of attacking and mentally manipulating Raine - and then DARING to sit on Glimmer's truck afterward. The two came to blows recently over this, with Glimmer feeling she had gotten the upper hand on Scarlet. Whether this is true or not is debatable.
- Ayapana - Glimmer invited Aya to return to branded during her brief stint as co-leader of that group - and almost immediately regretted it. Liking nothing about her personality, her ridiculous mood swings and her obvious attraction to Raine, Glimmer tried to distance herself from the winged girl. When Raine and Glimmer came to blows one night, over something ridiculous, Aya tried to mentally manipulate Glimmer into stopping. Once Glimmer discovered this, she came after Aya, and tried to kill her. Believing she was successful, Glimmer considers this a warning to anyone who might try to mind control her in the future. Glimmer has no idea Aya still roams the Isles. If she does find out, it will be kill on sight.
- Rey De Serpientes - Some damn kid who Glimmer recently found out took a piss on top of her truck. He is -sooooo- dead.