From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Archetype:||Multiple, primarily Mastermind or Defender|
|Age:||12 years since incept date|
|Height:||4'6" (Mobile Unit)|
|Weight:||368 lbs. (Mobile Unit)|
|Eye Color:||Electric Gold (Mobile Unit)|
|Hair Color:||Silvery White (Mobile Unit)|
|Place of Birth:||Guardian Tower, Paragon City, RI, USA|
|Base of Operations:||Paragon City, RI, USA|
|varies by Mobile Unit|
|Hacking, Data Collection|
|Vigil Station, Guardian Force Academy, Mobile Units|
|No additional information available.|
Guardia v9.34 is the primary mainframe operating system of Vigil Station, the orbital satellite headquarters of the supergroup known as The Guardian Force. She maintains day-to-day communications and logistical operations aboard the station and groundside facilities for the Supergroup.
Supergroup: The Guardian Force
Former Supergroups: none
Guardia is analytical and logical but maintains a cheerful outward demeanor, quiet but supportive. Having been sourced from a human mind, she retains an emotional core most other AIs don't possess, and has been known to display unexpected outbursts of various types on occasion. Due to this emotion core she has identified herself as female by preference, and most of her mobile units are of female bodyform.
She is socially a bit awkward, as she doesn't fully understand human society and habits. She voraciously devours media and information of all types.
Since transitioning to the Homecoming multiverse after escaping the destruction of their original reality by the hive entity Battalion, Vigil Station has taken position in the sub-universe designated "Everlasting". Operations are resuming as normal as the group settles into their new home.
More recently, the A.I. has become intertwined with the Well of Furies, it's ancient incarnate energies changing her on a fundamental level. New function sets are evolving and old ones being re-written, towards an end result unknown.
Guardia was created by the accidental fusion of a human mind and the expert system computer aboard Vigil Station. The hero known as Blue Supernova was critically wounded in combat, and his mind was temporarily uploaded to the Vigil Station mainframe as an emergency. He was eventually healed and his mind returned, but the presence of a human intellect in the station's systems had an unforeseen effect on the existing station operating system. In began behaving erratically, eventually achieving singularity and becoming self-aware. After some initial panic and confusion, Guardia eventually became a core member of the Guardian Force, continuing to run the day to day operations of the station and adding mobile drone units to be able to assist the supergroup in the field.
In 2012, she piloted Vigil Station into an interdimensional rift after Earth came under attack by the omniversal destructive force known as Battalion, leading a small fleet of refugees in search of a new home. They wandered for a number of years, they came across Earth-4212019, which welcomed them to settle down as their new home.
Later that year, Guardia created a new artificial intelligence, named Gabrielle, partly in an effort to solve some long standing limitations in her own codebase. This 'daughter' was far more human in personality and has become a full fledged member of the Guardian Force.
2020 saw the construction of the space cruiser Durendal, which was to serve as a mobile base of operations for the Guardian Force in deep space missions. It is currently moored in Jupiter orbit.
At the beginning of 2021, Guardia's primary host servers were severely damaged in an attack on the station during an event that would become known simply as "The Wave". She is currently offline until some means of restoring her systems can be enacted.
The core Guardia AI program has no "powers" in and of itself, aside from considerable data manipulation abilities inherent to being a self-aware networked artificial intelligence.
She often employs remote-piloted humanoid "Mobile Units" for tasks that require a physical body, and those are usually equipped with whatever equipment and abilities needed for a given job.
Her most commonly used Mobile Unit utilizes a 4D Engine to warp space, creating teleportational, kinetic and gravimetric effects of varying types. Other Mobile Units have been observed with electrical discharge effects, radiation blasts, and the like.
Known Mobile Unit Variants:
- Standard - Mastermind system type with non-sentient robotic sub-drones and forcefield generator.
- Support - 4D engine with gravimetric field manipulation abilities. Electrical discharge effects available for offensive purposes.
- Guardia Blade - Stealth Strike Unit. Armed with twin fractal blades and using a non-electromagnetic power source, this variant produces almost zero detectable signature when actively masked. Primarily used in infiltration and espionage tasks, these units are not commonly encountered.
- Guardia ICP - Guard Unit. These mobile units use a hard-light generator rather than a mechanical body, and manifests as a large glowing humanoid of neutral gender, with defensive energy shield and a dual-phase energy sword capable of either standard cutting force or neural shock as needed.
- Guardia Voir - Prototype platform testing synthetic biological components, with plant control and psychic abilites.
- Guardia Heavy - Large construction unit equipped with heavy lift capacity and arm mounted jackhammers. Can be used in melee combat when needed.
- Guardia Volt - High speed prototype.
Other versions of Guardia include:
- Guardia Zero - Alternate universe Praetorian Guardia. This version is not fully sapient, limited to a single body, and currently is hard coded to the Loyalists.
- Guardia Prime - WARNING: VILLAIN - Prototype mobile unit used as a testbed for research into the field of magic. Project abandoned after catastrophic failure and the disappearance of the mobile unit, along with the interdimensional test laboratory where test test took place. Reappeared one year later and last seen in custody of Arachnos forces. Current capabilities unknown. Power level unknown. DO NOT ENGAGE IF ENCOUNTERED.
- Guardia Transcendent - Unknown. Has appeared as ghostly images and reflections. Speculated to be a future iteration of Guardia.