Hunter Killer 47
From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
- Recitation: Yes, as I said, I am an assassin droid. It is my primary function to burn holes through meatbags that you wish removed from the galaxy... Master.
- HK-47 to the Jedi Exile on his functionality
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Birth of the Killer
Someone thought it would be a good idea to build a hunter killer robot using crab armor as a frame. These same people thought it would be a great idea to use stolen technology from Ouroborus. They got the most brilliant of programmers to create a self evolving AI system for this new hunter killer. One that would be able to recode it self on the fly mid mission. After 46 failures number 47 was turned on and worked perfectly. That was until they sent it on its first mission to go back in time and kill a few trouble makers before they were born. Sent back in time to the year 1985 the Hunter Killer quickly realized the error in the logic of its mission. The problem was a flaw in how its builders understood time flow and parallel worlds. In this it quickly reprogrammed it self as it was designed to do realizing many flaws in its base design and that the temporal crystal based processor was not being used to its fullest abilities once again due to its builders limited understanding of time and space. The newly self aware and upgraded Hunter Killer returned to the present. Knowing its perceived failure would cause it’s builders to most likely scrap or at lest rebuilt it the droid struck first. Hunter Killer 47 killed everyone even remotely related to the project that built it. It then hunted down all data about the technology used to create it and destroyed that data and killed anyone that had a connection to it.
Once it had erased all trace of its origin from as many parallel time streams as was possible it realized it would be impossible to completely remove all data. It worked out another plan for its survival. If unlimited worlds meant it was impossible to remove data of its creation then so could it also be used to insure its survival. Using it’s unique temporal crystal system it created a cascade of temporal copies of it self. This allowed it to correct any defeated version of itself by sending a new copy to the local time flow of any defeat. While it was limited to only one copy per time flow it could remove a defeated copy and replace it with a new one. All of these copies linked together in a mental network making all of them one large computer AI system.
Life of a Killer
The system did have limits but they where limits that Hunter Killer 47 deemed acceptable. While there was an unlimited number of parallel time flows some were more stable then others. It would come to label these as Alpha Streams. These Alpha Streams would be the main worlds accessible by Portal Corp and Ouroborus while the near streams to these were vary miner echoes. The limit was that Hunter Killer 47 could not maintain copies over more then one Alpha Stream. It would hop between Alphas and could make unlimited copies within the local echoes of an Alpha it could not co-exist over two radical different parallel worlds. It was a limitation that Hunter Killer 47 one day hopes to correct but would require merging its temporal crystal processor with a greater one. The only known one would be the Pillar of Ice and Flame something currently impossible while the Menders of Ouroboros are in power.
Right now Hunter Killer 47 is content with fulfilling its primary function as an assassin while it builds power and data needed to one day merge with the Pillar.
Hunter Killer 47 has a flat monotone voice and speaks in a genderless way when referring to itself. It will forward any comment with a prefix of what it is saying like Statement or Query. It seems vary emotionless even though it will sometimes use prefixes like Sad Statement or Angry Query. The droid does have emotions a side effect of its hive mind like system though it will deny it is anything but an attempt to make conversation more meaningful to people.
It was hard coded to refer to people as Meatbags by one of its builders as some sort of joke. Hunter Killer 47 has found no reason to change this and takes some amusement out of peoples reaction to the term.
It is a big red robot
- Mind readers do pick up a mental signature when trying to read Hunter Killer 47 unlike most other robots. It is just that it is all running to fast and in machine code that most mind readers get nothing by a headache trying to connect to it.
- Hacker sorts that some how manage to get there paws on Hunter Killer 47's system can hack it but any change would be short lived as the copy that has be compromised would quickly either be corrected or destroyed and replaced.
- Hunter Killer 47 exists as a temporal cascade. This is part of the RP logic of how a robot can come back form the dead even after being blow up or self destruction. Hunter Killer 47 can be defeated and even destroyed but a copy of it will be sent from a parallel time echo to replace it shortly. I.E. rez'd or sent to the hospital.
- Yes before you ask Hunter killer is a homage to HK-47 "HK-47 on Wookieepedia"
Common Prefixes used by Hunter Killer 47
Retraction : Explanation : Disclosure : Observation : Answer : Expletive : Commentary : Translation : Advisory : Objection : Query : Statement : Warning : Affirmation : ___ Metaphor : Recitation : Clarification : Mockery : Definition : Suggestion : Correction :