From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|"Those who mean this world harm - know that I shall engage you in a 'Dance' you won't soon forget."|
|Player: @Gwendolynn de Danaan|
|Archetype:||Defender, Dominator, Street Justice (?)|
|Security Level:||50, 50, 1|
|Real Name:||Lady Gwendolynn|
|Known Aliases:||Moon, Sonata, Moonlight|
|Eye Color:||Ice-Blue w/occasional flecks of gold|
|Hair Color:||Golden Strawberry Honey Blonde|
|Occupation:||Protector, Warrior, Healer|
|Place of Birth:||The Otherworld|
|Base of Operations:||Confidential|
|Marital Status:||Widow-Single; not looking either|
|Known Relatives:||Too many|
|Channels the forces of nature to aid in combat, largely Fire, Ice, and Earth as displayed by her healing and regenerative abilities. She exhibits the ability to teleport or 'Sift' as well.|
|Is able to make 'mental suggestions' and even go so far as 'Mental Manipulation' entirely if required but often refrains. Seems to be able to grant 'wishes' of sorts but only if feeling generous or for a price. Seems able to be anywhere at a given time depending on the need for her presence.|
|Body is a certified weapon|
|No additional information available.|
- Note: This toon has always been considered my main and was my first toon to reach 50. She still has and probably always will be one of my favorites to play.
- Note 2: Most of Gwen's Auras are indeed RPed out. If you see the "Leaf" aura it is "Fall Red Leaves" however depending on how players toons perceive said aura it may look like "Rose petals" (I get that one a LOT). Gwen naturally has a "glowing" complexion of sorts, that NEVER goes away no matter what aura is swapped in currently that players can see.
Lady Gwendolynn is a very busy woman, running her own Clan, aiding and assisting other clans, helping run SGs, occasionally attending 'Fae Court' all while she also protects the City of Paragon and visits the Rogue Isles occasionally to lend a hand there. Gwendolynn is a rather peculiar "Seelie" as she claims to be part of the "Winter Court". It is said her mother is of the "Summer Court" but she has such a strong love of fall, winter and spring that the "Winter Court" seemed the best place for her, though she does lend a hand to her mother and family when 'called' to do so. She is largely based off of Celtic Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Britain and the author's own mix of lore. Gwendolynn does not always play well with "Dresdan File" type toons, that doesn't mean she can't but it will be hard since the lore that is used is NOT based off that Universe so there will be discrepancies. She does decently with "Changeling: The Lost" but the player is not overly familiar with the setting or the rules. So again - some things may not mesh here.
Paragon, Why here? Why Now?
While it is clear Lady Gwendolynn is of the 'Sidhe', Fae, Fair-Folk, etc and has her own duties within The Otherworld and the Fae Courts, she has suddenly decided to lend her aid to the city of Paragon, the Rogue Isles and to the world should it be absolutely necessary. Why? She say's it's because the world has grown vastly since ancient times which poses a problem to her 'Post' and in this way she is able to keep a better eye on it as one of it's many guardians. Since she can be anywhere at a given time she moves about with a care-free nature and does not seem to miss anything terribly important that she SHOULD be aware of. She constantly seems "In-the-know" about things. As a side note, Lady Gwendolynn is also here because she enjoys being able to socialize and enjoy 'Life' with others not just of her same 'species' - course, there could always be other reasons.
Fae History as Gwen Remembers It
Before Gwendolynn was born there was no differences between 'Fae'. There was no 'Seelie' or 'Unseelie'. Fae simply were as they are. But when the Tuatha De Danann came to Primal Earth suddenly the game changed. When the Fae lost the war and were driven "underground" as the story goes, that is when the Fae experienced 'The Great Fissure' which divided them into Seelie and Unseelie, the "Good and Kindly Folk" vs. "The Harmful, hurtful, dangerous" folk. Though - just like humans - you can't judge a book by its cover and the same can be said for any Fae who has ever lived. It was before this "Great Fissure" Gwendolynn was created or born. After "The Great Fissure" any Fae born of Seelie and Unseelie parents were often put to death for they did not fit-in anywhere in particular within either society. This has been a long standing argument at Court as to whether or not these individuals should be allowed to live and a new home created for them, or find where they are best suited. One thing is for certain they would be treated as second-class citizens if anything within Fae culture.
Croatoa: Ground Zero
When Gwendolynn first started out in Paragon City as the Heroine, MoonIight Sonata, her first task was to set out and research the magical disturbances and fluctuations within Croatoa or Salamanca at the behest of her mother. Upon further investigation and research into the situation of Salamanca it seemed that the task would take possibly YEARS within Primal to repair with how great the damage was - especially on all involved (fellow Tuatha De, Fir Bolg, the landscape, the spirits of the restless dead, etc). As per her time spent in Croatoa The Cabal and the Red Caps have become a real thorn in her side to the point she's needed to enlist the aid of her own 'Clan' to deal with their troublesome ways and to help restore their people and Fir Bolgs back to normal and releasing the spirits who were trapped.
When Gwendolynn blew into Paragon and found Pocket D she vaguely felt out of place until she was suddenly approached by the Commander Solaira and Agent Anarch to join the Dawnfire Vanguard. She tried to convince them at first that she was too new to the city and that perhaps she'd be more trouble than it was worth, they simply shook their heads and welcomed her with open-arms. Agent Anarch or Thomas Cann and Gwendolynn became very good, close friends. Gwendolynn eventually took on the role of General within the Dawnfire Vanguard when Solaira seemed to go MIA, leaving Thomas and her to try and keep the Dawnfire family together while recruiting fresh new faces. In the time she spent even as a low-ranking official within the Dawnfire she met many people she enjoyed the company of, made friends with or - fell in love with. After the loss of her husband Valentin Devorak she fell into quite a listless depression and found keeping up the enthusiastic pace she had within the Dawnfire, difficult.
The Chateau Faux
After a very brief and unfruitful relationship with The Emerald Council Gwen knew she needed to connect with at least one of the 'Clans' formed on the 'Primal' side of things and not just in the 'Otherworld'. One day she approached Zarah Neman and inquired as to whether or not she could join The Chateau Faux. After some discussion Zarah accepted the Fae Noble into his home and has been working with them since. She does what she can when present but when duties in the Otherworld call, she must heed it and take her leave. Chateau Faux has always been a wonderful retreat filled with Fae of all shapes, sizes, backgrounds and more. Though she may be one of the few quite like herself. (Chateau Faux is an RPSG and we take any and all Fae technically so long as they can be civil when around each other, etc)
The Emerald Council
Very briefly was Gwen a member of this Fae oriented RPSG. However, there were some personal problems between her and the leader that often made it difficult for Gwen to feel wanted or that she belonged. After a time she decided her services might be best utilized in one of the allied houses/SGs known as The Chateau Faux.
The Things You Should Know About Fae
Most consider Fae untrustworthy or to at least be cautious around them. Gwen is one of the few who has always seemed to be an exception to most peoples expectations of what Fae should be. However, she will warn many people of the same thing regarding her kith and kin. Fae are very complicated individuals capable of many tricks, talents, trades, abilities, and powers. Their political affairs are very intricate as well. Gwendolynn is not especially fond of 'Court' but goes when her presence is required or absolutely necessary. Due to some recent storyline development however, Gwendolynn's frequency in attendance at court has become far more necessary (See spoiler for details). Additionally, unlike humans - Fae experience emotions very different - some experience them with a greater intensity as it is thought they are far purer in essence and being. This is exactly what happened to Gwen concerning falling in love and losing those she cares for. Despite the loss of Valentin, after a few months of mourning she has risen like a phoenix from her depression and is slowly regaining herself once more, but she is far from ready to settle with another anytime soon.
Gwendolynn is a beautiful and kindly spirit. She is a great friend - never means to do harm to anyone, but knows sometimes there are lessons that only "pain" can teach. However, she is always one for Happy Endings. She is always friendly to all she meets and does not judge them until they prove otherwise to her. That being said though, she can read who is perhaps within her best interest to get to know and who is not. Not one to hold grudges she truly understands how to love and live life to its fullest potential, often finding herself a real "workaholic" but loves her job regardless. She's the kind of gal that enjoys long walks on the beach, reading, dancing, taking long journeys into the woods, singing and so much more. She follows a sort of "Personal Decorum" that when you meet her - she does not expect you to know it - but she does expect that you will be respectful enough and use your own sense of decorum as well. Did we forget to mention she's a bundle of trouble, mischief and the Queen of Bad Puns? You've been warned now!
- Cold Cast Blessed Iron - this is something most Fae have great disdain for. Gwendolynn's skin does not seer when touched but much like a bee sting it is not especially pleasant and she'd much rather you just keep it away from her, lest you incur her wrath and she makes you put it down.
- Solaira: A powerful Peacebringer who was one of Gwen's first friends and allies in the city of Paragon who even invited her to join the ranks of the Dawnfire Vanguard in which she was/is the Director.
- Cedric Wolfheart: Gwen's first mortal love who she inadvertently helped recruit into the Dawnfire. Their relationship grew from a professional standpoint the more time they spent paired together in the heat of combat. They make a pretty awesome team - but sadly, their love story did not last. Gwen still loves and cares for Cedric very deeply, but knows because he is mortal - them being separated now is the best for both of them. There is much more to this story - but it is for them to know - others to learn if they so desire to tell the tale.
- Agent Anarch: A General and Field Commander in the Dawnfire Vanguard who was accompanying Solaira upon their first encounter with Gwen. He has always been a source of comfort, good company and a wonderful friend. Gwen has appreciated Thomas Cann's support throughout her life within the ranks of the Dawnfire Vanguard. The two have often gone back and forth in being wonderful supportive players in each others lives. They are like family more often than not.
- Rothgar Gunnarsvard: Is a former member of the Dawnfire Vanguard who was recruited by Gwen and Thomas Cann. He has proven himself time and again as an invaluable resource to the Dawnfire as well as a good friend, though there have been some trials and tribulations that the group has had to endure with Rothgar as a whole. Gwen has always believed in Rothgar's abilities and cares very deeply for him - as a friend - possibly more, but sometimes it is difficult to tell. One can often see she seems a bit torn when she looks at Roth with that gaze of hers.
- Valentin Devorak: Gwen met this Art collector sometime when she and Cedric were still dating, back then they were simply friends. What drew her to him was a 'Spark' of what, she's not quite sure, but it definitely set him a part from everyone else. A gentleman, intelligent with her type of "bad-boy" hidden beneath, a time came where they eventually decided it was time to perhaps take their relationship to another level. This came later after certain personal events occurred between Gwen and Cedric. Sadly, shortly after they were married tragedy struck and Gwen lost her husband only after a month. She was devastated and for a few months was rather distraught, but tried to carry on with her daily life.
- Zarah Neman: Zarah has always been quite the enigma. From the start she didn't know what to make of the rather ancient and mysterious Fae Lord. Often she found herself on her guard around him, but was still polite and courteous regardless since he was nothing but kind himself toward her. As time went on - despite any possible fears in regards to him - they melted away slowly and gave way to feelings of love, appreciation, maybe even admiration. But Zarah is not a Lord to be tamed by just anyone, if at all, so Gwen admires him from afar, content that she at least can be close - if nothing else.
- Jacob F. Blanke: An acquaintance that Gwen seems unable to speak with as often as she would desire. She rather likes him, finds him to be intelligent and pleasant company. She's not entirely sure what he thinks of her, aside from the norm he knows about typical Fae/Sidhe. Which does put a small damper on their friendship, but - somethings cannot be helped. So she intends to show him through word and deed she is different.
- Duke of Vaungur: Gwendolynn met this handsome vampire sometime ago during a group conversation with others. He has the manners of a gentleman much like her friend Jacob, which she both loves and appreciates about them, since it is difficult to find many beings within the Primal Plain that understand such finer things (other Fae aside). The Duke and Gwendolynn are rather close.
- Hyperburn: Tommy is an old acquaintance but Gwen considers him a good friend. He's sweet, charming, and loves to dance and that's fine by her since she loves to as well. Though as of late she's been rather filled with melancholy as his bright spark hasn't been around much as of late.
- Aendreas: An old "High School Sweetheart" of Gwendolynn's - but in this case - it's old "Warrior School Flame". Aine (ah-ney), Ai (Iee), Ainedraes, Ainedrehas, etc and Gwen have been long-time secret Sweethearts and Sparring partners. It was a long debated topic within the courts whether the two should be allowed to "get together", as it would provide a very strong alliance of powers. However, sadly enough - it still to this day has NOT been allowed. For a time the two have been separated, due in part to some of Gwen's decisions to try and keep the peace among her people. Recently though, Ainedreas has been assigned as the first member of Gwen's royal guard since her recent ascension. He is fiercely loyal and dedicated to his lady and NO ONE will ever be able to threaten or touch her - without bringing the wrath of Ainedreas upon themselves first and foremost.
This section is where others can share their impressions, opinions, rumors, grudges and accolades regarding this peculiar Fae Woman.
" Gwen? She's friendly, charming, and easy to talk to. But, don't let that fool you. She is also Sidhe.. If you know anything about the Sidhe, then that alone should give you warning." -Jacob F. Blanke
"A perfectly fine woman of unquestionable breeding." - Zarah Neman
"She is a wonderful woman and I'm proud to call her my friend. I know few others that could match her kindness and beauty." - Duke of Vaungur
"Gwendolynn is one of the best friends I've ever had, and with a life like mine any kind of friend is hard to come by. I've never seen her as a fae or anything else: I've only ever seen her as a person. After all, it's only fair that I give her the same respect she gives me." - Agent Anarch
"I don't appear on her Virtueverse? But I was the one who showed her Croatoa, and the fate of the Tuatha De in Paragon! Ah well. It's not like anyone else in the shard actually knows this repository exists." - Acanous
- Main Theme: Hall Om Mig/Hold Me Now by Nanne Grönvall
- Combat Theme: Winter Original composed by Vinvaldi, performed by Mari Samuelsen - Violin, Trondheimsoloists
- Favorite Slow-dance song: Moonlight Serenade by Frank Sinatra
- The Song that Reminds her of Valentin: Everytime We Touch by Cascada
- Favorite Club Song When She's Dancing: Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada