From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
Twelfth is a player on the Virtue server of the CoX (City of Heroes/Villains) MMORPG (global handle: @twelfth). Activity times are usually in the early to late evening (Central Time), with extended activity on the weekends and holidays. Twelfth is not presently active on other servers of CoX, but may be seen on Triumph and (with exceptional rarity) on Infinity. The player is located in Texas, and readers are cautioned to be both envious and sympathetic in regard to that fact.
Twelfth is a Sagittarius, born in the Year of the Dragon.
Twelfth's Sandbox is here.
Presently, Twelfth is actively playing the following characters on the Virtue Server:
Cryopulse: Compassionate crusader, naive newcomer to the world of being a super-powered person.
Selene Dioscura: Battling for social justice and command of her own psyche.
Lady Burlesque: Retired hero, shaken by the events of her past and the side-effects of her own abilities, wonders if she wants to resume her talents or fade quietly into a secular life.
Baby Burlesque: What happens when once of Lady B's younger, more foolish, and considerably less mature relatives is subjected to the Siren Serum? Nothing good, I can tell you.
Jaime Synge (Main): Jackass dirt-level warlock and demigod. AKA Synge Cabiri. Synge is my first character to reach 50, having done so on 10/18/2008, during the first few hours of the 2008 Halloween Event. There was a kind of poetry to the fact that he was blasting the crap out of Trick-or-Treat mobs at the time.
Celine Dioscura: Sent on a mission to destroy God, or at least the nearest thing put on Earth to approximate him. Also seen as Venator Foyle (Claw/WP brute).
Fang Widow Foyle: VEAT version of Selene/Celine - another dimensional alternate version who is both a Blood Widow and a vampire. This is what happens when you let your Praetorian personality pick which of your dimensional duplicates to cohabitate your head.
Jaime Dust: A possible doppleganger of Synge, or possibly something much worse.
Scarpulse: Costumed special agent/enforcer. Holds his cards very close to his environment-suited chest. Has certain powers rather similar to other noted mutant - but not the one you're thinking of. Professional standards mean everything.
These are my non-main toons that are presently active. Mostly they are toons that I want to try out the powersets or ATs and have put together a reasonable backstory for. Or not.
- Alex Talionis: A vicious vigilante looking for meaning in Paragon City, whose heroism belies a emptiness that his "good" deeds cannot fill.
- Rad/Elec Blaster - Blueside alt for an otherwise well known rogue.
- Aeropunk: Steampunk goodness as its best. Armed his pneumatic pistols and a curious, unexplained ability to create befouled weather phenomena, Aeropunk is a refugee from an alternate (and perhaps fictional) history where the industrial age met a mystical renaissance and went mad.
- Storm/DP Defender - Had this idea for a while and I'm soooo glad to be playing it.
- Funktioning Unit: Praetorian Clockwork struck but a bolt of PLOT and now seeks to bring the funk to all of Emperor Cole's dominion...or anywhere, really.
- Kinetic Melee/Elec Armor - Inspired simply by a NPC called "malfunctioning unit".
- Filha De Inhansa: Daughter of a goddess. Ecoterrorist.
Unforunately, characters don't always work out the way you want. Here's a few experiments that didn't go as expected. Also includes character concepts I haven't figured out/had time to build.
- Twelfth: Self-Insert Alt, as requested by a few folks in Inevitable Evolution to comply with As Seen OOC. We break the 4th Wall Like a Magicist. See Sidebar.
- Rad/Elec Defender - See below, this is a test to see how the powerset works out, since I really don't care about the character to make a serious RP attempt at it. Might be fodder for a rename. -- Presently occupying space on Infinity --
- Erhlix: Undead alien mercenary with little interest in Earthling morality, but maintains a high ethical standard.
- DM/EA stalker - The powersets made sense thematically, but wasn't satisfying in play. Barely made it to 20.
- Ditch Witch: Unmade Earth/ dominator. Squatting the name until I find something compelling in it.
Twelfth has a history of being a roleplaying hobbyist, primarily in "pen & paper" tabletop games, but also including some text-based online roleplay in the mid to late nineties. The characters have varied somewhat; but they usually attempt to have reasonably developed backgrounds and struggle to maintain distance from established cliches and tropes as much as possible. In general, the desire to match a character's build to their conceptual design usually outweighs the statistical functionality of the build or powerset. Partially because of this, Twelfth usually disdains PvP competition as his characters are rarely intended to participate in more than PvE content and operate in a roleplay environment. This is also possibly because Twelfth's temperament in real-life is somewhat thin skinned and over-competitive, making the inevitable defeats all the more aggravating.
Favoring long posts/poses with extended descriptions, Twelfth is pretty wordy most times in his RP. However, moderate typing skills tend to diminish downtime between the posts. Quipping with Twelfth's characters tends to be a little haphazard and not always as organic as a conversation should be. If this is the case, please be patient & the player will catch up in a bit.
Twelfth also appears to prefer playing characters with a degree of mental illness or instability. Rarely is this played out as a maniacal or flamboyantly psychotic personality, but rather as a cumbersome affliction that the character must labor under or around. Although these conditions are occasionally played off for laughs, but mostly they tend to get the character into more trouble and place extra strain their relationships...just like in real life. Other than that, Twelfth usually plays characters which transcend traditional ideas of heroism or villainy. Characters who are polarized into good or evil leave little chance for development, although they can be rollicking good times. Rather, the characters frequently ask questions of their own morality and actions, examining the balance of good and evil in their own natures as well as the tasks they perform.
As always, while a character may be roleplayed as direcly confrontational or offensive, this is almost never a reflection of the player's opinions or viewpoint.
In-game email is fine, please approach directly with any inquiries or other questions about contacting outside the game.
Also: if the following names have any meaning to you - contact me ASAP: Tero Kelly, Lariano Cortez, Rache/Sixkiller, Rachel Marten, Michelle Perry.