The Magnificent Marvelous
Player: @Archon Mk. 1
Josephine Chaya Berkwitz
Josie, Lady Columbia, Dame Columbia, MS-1 (Designation given by Count Dominus), Columbia; Lady Columbia, Legs of the U.S. Army (Pin-up title)
June 8th, 1921
First Generation American
Founder's Fall, Rhode Island (Galaxy City prior to The Galaxy City Crisis)
Waitress (Formerly), Pin-Up Model (Formerly), Cabaret Singer (Formerly), U.S. Army Veteran, Librarian, Hero
· Known Relatives ·
Howard Fitzgerald (Husband, Deceased), Sarah Fitzgerald (Daughter, Alive), Ezekiel Fitzgerald (Son, Alive), Mary Walters (nee Fitzgerald, Granddaughter), Penny Rose Walters (Great-granddaughter, Alive)
Mid-to-Late 30s (Actually 98)
"That isn't a nice question to ask a gal!"
Dyed Blonde (Originally Brown)
Powers & Abilities
· Known Powers ·
Slowed Aging, Energy Strikes
· Equipment ·
Reinforced Weave Costume, MediPort, Armbands of Nike
· Other Abilities ·
Fluent in German and Yiddish, Trained Boxer
Born in 1921 to Jewish immigrants from Lübeck, Josie lead a pretty normal in Nebraska. Her parents did the best they could to ensure she had a good life, on a seamstress and a factory worker's salary.
July 4th, 1942
Her tour of Europe had scarely begun when a stop at a base near Vichy would change her life and set her on the path she continues to walk this day.
The years came and went, until one day in 1973 when Josie decided to throw in the towel and live a quiet life. She nestled herself in Paragon Heights (The future Galaxy City) with her family. Although she occasionally appeared for interviews, she faded from the public eye. The companies still churned out her merchandise from lunchboxes to action figures, but the figure herself practically disappeared for the next couple decades
The Day the Rikti Came
May 23rd, 2002, the day that bombs fell from the skys. The Rikti forces filled the sky as bombs dropped left and right, foot soldiers teleporting down to the ground. Chaos ensued as the heroes and law enforcement did their best to stave off the then unfamiliar foe.
The Galaxy City Crisis
September 27, 2011, the day that the Coming Storm arrived, and a day that would become known as The Galaxy City Crisis. It started like a normal day, but for residents such as Josie, it would quickly become a hellscape.
Powers and Abilities
- Energy Manipulation - Josie is able to convert the potential energy surrounding her fists into thermal energy adding an additional kick to her strikes.
- Skilled Boxer - Partially from her time in the Army, but mostly for her interest, Josie has trained for decades in boxing.
- Slowed Aging - Josie ages exceptionally slowly, in the course of 77 years, she has only aged approximately 10 - 15 years.
- Magic - Josie possesses no defenses against magic and is thereby susceptible to it. Due to this fact, she tries to avoid fighting magical entities when she can, or at least go in with some back-up.
- Mortality - For all of her slow aging and resilience to pain, Josie is still a mortal. She eventually will die (albeit at a much older age then most people), and still can be killed or harmed by things that would conventionally harm a human.
- The Armbands of Nike - Found while in Cimerora dealing with the Fifth Column, these seemingly simple bronze armbands are more then meets the eye. These armbands allows the wearer to tap into the powers of Nike, becoming an Incarnate of the Goddess of Victory.
- MediPort Beacon - A standard piece of technology for heroes in Paragon City, this device is attuned to Josie's biometrics with a recall function should her biometrics drop beyond a certain margin sending her to the nearest hospital
- Reinforced Weave - Not fond of finding her body or costume riddled with bullet-holes or incinerated, Josie had her suit reinforced with resistant compound weave to make it resistant, but not immune to high temperatures, bullets, swords, and the likes.
- Firefist: "Nick's good people, he looks after his own."
- Orev: "Moses has gone through a lot, and he's a good kid. I'm proud of how far he's come, and I know he'll go far in life."
- Bullet-Speed: "Svetlana's an old friend from way back, we're the remnants of Freedom's Allies."
- Dave: The description for Neutral #1
- The Axis Coalition: The description for Enemy #1
- Shadow Matron: "Elsa...I shoulda put her in the ground in Dusseldorf, and now that's exactly what this ole gal plans to do!"
- Count Dominus:
A Dame For Every Dimension
Upsilon Beta 9-6
(A.K.A: Praetorian Earth)
Alias: Peeress Praetoria
Overview: A staunch supporter of Cole, this earth's Josephine seems to have undergone some sort of experimentation givinge her the ability to emit solar radiation from her body.
Delta Zeta 24-10
(A.K.A.: Axis Earth)
Status: Dead (Killed by Axis troops during an attempt to resist their control)
Tau Delta 8-7
(A.K.A.: Nemesis Automaton Earth)
Status: Dead (Original), Replaced with an automaton shortly after World War II
- In a hypothetical CoH movie, Josie would ideally be played by Lena Headey
- She was initially developed a zany sorta grandma figure and has developed into a more complex character as well as one of my two mains!