From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Player: @Esoteric Requiem|
|Training / Abilities|
MCSTU8059 is, for all intents and purposes, an android with maintained upkeep for the Young Watchers and all those who enter Blackstone Manor. It was specifically designed with medicinal healing in mind and serves no other particular purpose.
Although it is capable of handling most weaponry, it is particular skilled in archery. Unfortunately, as its focus is primarily for the benefit of others, it is increasingly rare for its bow to get any particular use.
The codename MARCASITE is based off of the mineral that is often referred to as "white iron pyrite". It's commonly mistaken for pyrite, which already commonly mistaken for gold, only further confuses those with the lack of experience to recognize the difference. Marcasite is literally a mineral created for the use of jewelry and defines the nature of pyrite as a 'gem'.
In the way that MCSTU8059 was created for the benefit of healing others -- something that tends to require a form of empathic ability -- it is very much the 'marcasite', given that it is an android and lacks the ability to feel or understand the emotions of others.
MARCASITE did not begin as an implement for the greater good. It was created by the Vanguard from salvage remaining from one of the Rikti's former invasions -- inevitably meaning that the original technology was more or less created for destructive force rather than constructive. Recovered by a member of the D.P.O., MARCASITE was created with the bare minimum regarding operating system and capabilities.
MARCASITE has no recollection of its creator or of its extraordinary past as a former entity associated with the Rikti. While it has an archive located within its memory, the particular information is encrypted and has yet to be unlocked to discover the information. While this may change in the future, it does not seem to impact the present much as others are far more interested in what MARCASITE is currently capable of, rather than was.
Albert and Rey of the Young Watchers are in primary control of the unit and are currently responsible for all system, software, and hardware updates. Unfortunately, because MARCASITE is not often updated, it portrays itself often poorly and even along the borderline of being defined as 'naive'. On the other hand, it tends to bring about a good amount of humor and is capable of lightening most situations or spreading wide disbelief and skepticism.
MARCASITE's beta and original version (which it refers to as "V1.0") is a heavily-armored suit, complete with a variety of plugs and other various knick-knacks, including the following:
- The left hand opens and can contain any number of liquid substances to be evenly applied by using the scanner located on the palm.
- The right hand can be connected to an endoscope or other like item primarily for medicinal purposes.
- Antennae allow for better reception regarding the communication devices that are used for the Watchers' networking.
- Visor across the front is home to a fairly modern scanning device that will not only record a visual of people met for archiving purposes, but also their voice, along with mostly physical statistics (though more estimated than precise).
- Like any electronic device, MARCASITE requires energy to continue functioning. Several plugs across the armor can be used. Unfortunately, only some generators are compatible with this version.
- Although considered genderless, MARCASITE's tone is most often defined as "male" and in consequence, it is referred to as "he".
MARCASITE was previously upgraded to V2.0, which gave it a human form -- male, like its tone, though still quite plainly not human. All features from V1.0 are still available.
There is also a collection of software that offers additional information input for user convenience:
- The use of its software allows various command prompts to be executed by vocal recognition. Password and user identification can be fulfilled by those with access to MARCASITE's system core and operating system.
- Either by manual means or automatic download by another computer or electronic device, MARCASITE can have lectures, speeches, different languages, music, and other related things installed and stored within its memory as long as the appropriate parameters have been defined.
- All conversation can be recorded and repeated upon command later by request, as long as its within permissible bounds (like all other things). These conversations can also be relocated to other storage devices, such as flash drives and computer hard disk drives.
As of August 01, 2010, MARCASITE was upgraded to V3.0. The following changes were made to his system (unfortunately, they were lacking -- someone was slipping on maintenance at the time):
- MARCASITE's vocabulary was upgraded finally. Sadly, the only thing it included was his ability understand and accept "valley-girl slang" and likely anything else related to it.
- His apparel changed again and in the words of Jayden, it seemed to be remarkably gay for a robot. One can guess that he had help.
As of September 05, 2010, MARCASITE was upgraded to V4.0 (picture to come soon!). The following changes have been made to his system. (Again, it is a small update, but hey, you can only improve on perfection so much.)
- MARCASITE's vocabulary has suffered a slight set back, virus, or something rather. He is in a never-ending loop of speaking and truly believing he is a being from the days of William Shakespeare. Think of him as your friendly and remarkable android playwright.
- To fit in with his vocabulary, his physical form has changed again. Just when we thought he couldn't look any more flamboyant, he's really shown us how it was done. (And this time we know it wasn't Jayden helping him.)
MARCASITE is not yet at the end of its series of updates. Some of the following are to be included, but have not yet been implemented:
- Vocabulary updates. Currently MARCASITE does not, by default, recognize slang and will most often correct the user.
- A LCD display located within the chest cavity. Once this is installed, it will be possible to read MARCASITE's operating system information and monitor other such things (much the way an EEG is shown when observing a patient) in a visual way without having to relocate the information to another source.
- An empathy chip. It will give MARCASITE a better understanding of humans and other sentient lifeforms in order to better assist them as a healing unit. In spite of this, it may still not be able to comprehend fully higher-level thinking that is based on emotional means rather than analytical, logical, or methodical reasons.
- Albert :: UNIT 112251820
- Beta :: UNIT 25201-69198
- Chance :: UNIT 3811435
- Eddie :: UNIT 54495
- Jayden :: UNIT 101254514
- Joe :: UNIT 10155
- Plum :: UNIT 16122113
- Rey :: UNIT 18525
- Sky :: UNIT 191125
- Teddy :: UNIT 205525